Skip to main content

Cauliflower curry

This recipe is courtesy my friend Sunitha.

Ingredients:

1 cauliflower, cleaned and divided into small florets
1 onion chopped
5 curry leaves
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp urad dal
2 dry red chillies cut into three parts
2 tbsp oil
2 pinches aesofetida(hing)
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
Salt to taste
Method:
1. Heat oil in a wok
2. Add the mustard seeds
3. Add the urad dal, curry leaves and dry red chillies
4. Add the hing
5. Add the turmeric powder
6. Add the onions and fry until the onions are golden
7. Thereafter add the cauliflower and mix well
8. Cook on low heat until done, stirring occassionaly

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coal-Fired Pizza!!!

Coal-Fired Pizza My kids love Pizza. My wife and I, on the other hand, have left our love for Pizza behind. But, with the kids in tow, I started researching how to make a decent pizza from scratch. YouTube is filled with recommendations, so I had to make some choices for my very first Pizza. If you're looking for a quick-cooking Pizza, this isn't the recipe for you. This will take around 2 days, including fermentation and some work. As usual, Kamado Grill Classic is again my go-to cooking platform. References: John Setzler's ' Kamodo Joe Pizza '.  John Kenall's ' Easy Pizza Dough Recipe '. Vito Lacopelli's ' How to Make Perfect Pizza Dough at Home'  and ' freeze the Pizza for later '. Goals: Everyone has so many variations for making Pizza dough. I never realized the debate of Biga vs Poolish  dough making. Before we get into all the details, I set some goals. Type : I wasn't going for Neapolitan-style, very high-heat Pizza. The t...