Skip to main content

Badshah Fish Masala

Nishanth ended up buying lots of tilapia fillets but then got too busy to make them. I found the Badshah Fish Masala in the pantry and decided to try that out. This was probably the first time i made fish after more than a decade.

I followed the recipe on the packet and it came out really tasty and spicy. If the spice is to be reduced the amount of green chillis that are used can be reduced. Also, i shallow fried the fish in a pan with very little oil so it was quite healthy i suppose.

I experimented with different coatings. The first time i made a thick coating of gram flour with water and dipped the fish in it. The second time i just took the fish and rolled it in gram flour - this gave crispier fish which i preferred.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coal-Fired Pizza!!!

Coal-Fired Pizza My kids love Pizza. My wife and I, on the other hand, have left our love for Pizza behind. But, with the kids in tow, I started researching how to make a decent pizza from scratch. YouTube is filled with recommendations, so I had to make some choices for my very first Pizza. If you're looking for a quick-cooking Pizza, this isn't the recipe for you. This will take around 2 days, including fermentation and some work. As usual, Kamado Grill Classic is again my go-to cooking platform. References: John Setzler's ' Kamodo Joe Pizza '.  John Kenall's ' Easy Pizza Dough Recipe '. Vito Lacopelli's ' How to Make Perfect Pizza Dough at Home'  and ' freeze the Pizza for later '. Goals: Everyone has so many variations for making Pizza dough. I never realized the debate of Biga vs Poolish  dough making. Before we get into all the details, I set some goals. Type : I wasn't going for Neapolitan-style, very high-heat Pizza. The t...