Skip to main content

Potato and Cabbage curry

I tried this out - have become a little adventurous of late and try to experiment on my own !
It so happened that there was some left over cabbage that would not suffice by itself for a meal so i decided to add potatoes to it and was quite pleased at the results !

Ingredients:
1/4 cabbage chopped fine
3 potatoes boiled and chopped into small cubes
1 tsp ginger paste
1 tsp garlic paste
1 onion chopped fine
1 tomato chopped fine
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp corriander powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp cumin seeds
2-3 curry leaves
salt to taste
chopped corriander leaves for garnishing

Method:
1. Heat the oil. When hot add cumin seeds, curry leaves. Fry for a second. Add chopped onions and fry until half done. Thereafter add tomatoes and fry for another 5 minutes. Add the ginger and garlic paste and fry for another minute.
2. Add the turmeric powder, corriander powder, salt and chilli powder and stir for another minute.
3. Add the cabage and stir fry on low heat for around 5 to 10 minutes until soft. Thereafter, add the potatoes and stir. Keep on low heat for another 3 minutes.
4. Garnish with corriander leaves.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coal-Fired Pizza!!!

Coal-Fired Pizza My kids love Pizza. My wife and I, on the other hand, have left our love for Pizza behind. But, with the kids in tow, I started researching how to make a decent pizza from scratch. YouTube is filled with recommendations, so I had to make some choices for my very first Pizza. If you're looking for a quick-cooking Pizza, this isn't the recipe for you. This will take around 2 days, including fermentation and some work. As usual, Kamado Grill Classic is again my go-to cooking platform. References: John Setzler's ' Kamodo Joe Pizza '.  John Kenall's ' Easy Pizza Dough Recipe '. Vito Lacopelli's ' How to Make Perfect Pizza Dough at Home'  and ' freeze the Pizza for later '. Goals: Everyone has so many variations for making Pizza dough. I never realized the debate of Biga vs Poolish  dough making. Before we get into all the details, I set some goals. Type : I wasn't going for Neapolitan-style, very high-heat Pizza. The t...