Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Cuisinart DLC-8S 11-Cup Pro Custom 11 Food Processor by Cuisinart

I used the Usha food processor in India and found it very useful for chopping intensive dishes such as the biryani and several other north indian dishes. My Usha food processor also had ice crushing and juicer attachments in addition to the chopping, slicing, whipping and dough kneading attachments.


We did not have space in our earlier apartment for a food processor and its attachments and once we moved into our new home, there was space in the pantry for my food processor :). I bought the Cuisinart food processor based on recommendation from my friend and since I anyways was a fan of food processors, I did not need much convincing.

As with any food processor, it takes practice to get it right. Of course, you wont get it as symmetrical as you would if you chopped by hand, but it gets the work done. My main use of the food processor is for slicing onions, chopping cabbage, chopping onions and tomatoes and mincing, chopping, pureeing onions, tomatoes, and spinach. I have used it for kneading atta, sometimes it comes out fine and sometimes it doesn't. I have not yet perfected the art of getting perfect dough in a food processor.

There are attachments for whipping, chopping, 2 attachments for slicing and 1 attachment for grating.

I found it cheaper on Macy's when there was a sale compared to Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-DLC-8S-Custom-11-Cup-Processor/dp/B00004S9EJ/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1367359684&sr=8-14&keywords=food+processor

I also bought the blade and disc holder which allows everything to be stored neatly and compactly. I definitely recommend the holder.


http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-BDH-2-Blade-Disc-Holder/dp/B00004S9BY/ref=pd_sim_k_1

The disc holder takes the same amount of space as the food processor. Overall, I am quite happy with the food processor and definitely recommend it.

No comments: