Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Ultra Perfect + 2.00 Litre Wet Grinder

A friend gifted us this grinder as a gift and it is so totally worth it. We use this grinder for grinding idli-dosa batter. I am yet to try it out for vadas. The grinder also has a kneading attachment and I am yet to try it out.

http://www.bombaylimited.net/blc/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=54#axzz2Rz038DRa


The grinder works beautifully although you do have to ensure that you keep getting the batter off the sides once in a while to ensure that this batter is ground smoothly. It is quite a task to take off the batter from the grinding stones, I usually use my hands to do the same. My friend told me that there used to be an attachment to remove the batter but with the newer model, they do not give it anymore.

It is important to clean the grinder stones and the grinder immediately because the batter dries up and gets difficult to clean. I find using a brush quite effective. I can easily grind 6 cups of rice/dal and that is quite some quantity. I haven't tried more than that. I usually let the batter ferment in the bowl itself.


No comments: